Assholes Inc: The Forum!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Assholes Inc: The Forum!

4 posters

Chapture One, Broken Car

Mad Martigan
    Mad Martigan

Chapture One, Broken Car - Page 2 Empty Re: Chapture One, Broken Car

Post  Mad Martigan Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:57 pm

Niel Periwinkle is a unassuming pediatric doctor. Eager to show his success and higher education to the the high school class that once shunned him he came left directly from the big city hospital he works at. Driving an out of date maroon four door economy sedan his supplies are sparse and take into account only an overnight stay.

On His Person

Light brown dress shoes, argyle socks, navy blue dress pants, briefs, white tanks top under a nylon short sleeved dress shirt, and an orange tie depicting the face of a well known cartoon cat who hates Mondays. He is pocketing a smart phone at full charge, mint gum, and a wallet with $54, business cards, a credit card, sandwich card one purchase away from a free sub, and appropriate identification. Currently chewing mint gum.

Inside the Car
    $2.31 in loose change. 1/2 liter plastic travel bottle half full of water. Large fuzzy blue dice hang from the mirror. 5 napkins. A car/outlet charger for his phone. Insurance card and small flashlight in glove box. Discarded fast food packaging in the passenger floor. A satchel with a large red cross logo. a rainbow striped umbrella. A printed out state map of directions he found online.

Inside Satchel
    A spare set of cloths matching what he is waring aside from the tie being black. A navy blue suit coat. 3 protein bars. A set of 12 color pencils. A coloring book. A puzzle book. A poorly rated science fiction paperback. A bright green yo-yo. A rubber clown nose meant to cheer up his patients.

Inside Trunk
    A spare tire, tire iron, A bicycle, and a white bicycle helmet with a ring of reflective tape around it. An unopened tool set meant for road side repair.

Realizing his directions are taking him into unfamiliar territory, Niel drives as quickly as legally possible. Not minding the weather he assumes the puddle he is about to drive over is shallow. Actually being a half of foot deep water is propelled up and his car begins too stall. In a slight panic he guides his car to the side of the road as coasts uphill and onto a flat surface. Now exiting the car is the five foot ninety pound gangly man. He combs his fingers through his pumpkin colored hair as be begins to form a frown on his round freckled face. Bright green eyes stare into an open engine compartment with no understanding of how the parts inside operate. Seeing a town in the distance, Niel gathers most of the useful items from the car and pedals his way to town with the helmet on. Notices a road sign and how it's the only one he's seen for miles. It reads, "Welcome to Crossing".
    Mad Martigan
    Mad Martigan

Post  Mad Martigan Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:08 pm

Neil glides through the quite streets seeking a solution for his car. He is desperate to get back on his way as he finds the seemingly ordinary town intimidating for unknown reasons. Spotting a gas station, he hurries towards it. Making his way inside he puts on his signature bucktooth smile and removes is helmet. His curly hair has conformed to the interior shape of his helmet. "Excuse me sir, do you know how I can reach a local tow truck for my Ca-hurr?"
    monsterus
    monsterus

Post  monsterus Sat Sep 29, 2012 10:10 pm

After the two had given their thoughts, Tom was ready to open his mouth to argue but Barbe had interfered and raised her hand to his shoulders to silence them. Whispering to Tom softly,“Hun, they seem to known what they are doing and maybe they are both right, I don’t like the idea woman got killed in the manor..now that I am thinking about it.”
    Clearly Barbe hadn’t paid much attention to that part besides it being a manor and was used for a hotel; Tom being outvoted by Barbe had left him with only muttering about this whole thing being hillbilly nonsense.

The door had opened; the sight of bright candle light flooded the party’s vision and in front of them stood a hunched old woman that had her left hand holding a shepherds brown wooden hook cane with a melted light candle at the curled end.
    With her right hand hidden behind the door looking at them rather calmly, the elderly female was deeply weathered and wrinkled, her skin pale as snow and one of her left eyes looked to be swollen shut. She seemed to be wearing a faded grey dressed with a grey shawl draped over her shoulders; her pointy black curl tip shoes are barely visible under the grey skirt and clicked sharply on the wooden floorboards. She appears to be well past 80’s, seeming extremely thin due to the sunken cheeks and shall marks across her frame of having not eaten for some time. Though the solid blue clear right eye gazed toward them before glancing down at the grocery bag and gave a weak smile to the wet soggy group. Revealing to the most keened eyed that she had a stroke and appeared to be slightly paralyzed on the left side due to how her smile was slightly crooked. Her teeth appeared to be all capped with silver or metal, but her voice crocked out softly and caused her throat to shake from the extra skin hanging from her frame, “Thank you..” She paused as she clung to the groceries and stepped aside, “Oh Mr. Keap, such a nice young man, hope he gets out of the young wild stage..”
    Her eyes looked at Dominique and nodded softly, “Ah questions, of course, questions..” she paused looking at how the rain was pouring harder onto the group in front of her door, “Would you like to come inside from the rain, let your bones be warmed up by the fire…it is nice to have company..”
    Stepping aside and revealed the living room looked to be much larger than the house was scaled at, as if the inside was much larger than the outside and all around the room was light by thousands of various sized candles of many colors. The fireplace greeted them with the crackling of oak longs, as it appeared that beside the door, was a level action shotgun and a broken bear trap with the teeth filed sharply.

Code:
    http://browse.deviantart.com/?qh=&section=&global=1&q=old+living+room#/d1yxub0

((little difference is the candles, its raining but simply grandies place and smelling like dried flowers.))

There was no electricity besides the roaring fire and the many candles light up throughout the house, making the whole area smell like dried flowers and being extremely warm.
    There was a sliding door near the shelves and near the right by the doorway leading strait to the second floor, the elderly woman wavered them to come and sit in the chairs. Some would have to move the chairs closes to the fire, but the elderly woman smiled with a shaky head, “I am Maggy, though you may have said something outside, I can barely make out besides my name, mr. kept and questions..” She weakly smiled and pointed to her ears as she sat down in the nice pillowed chair closes to the fire and by the small coffee table, “I can read your lips, to understand but my hearing is almost gone..sorry for the lights but if you knew as much as I did, you would know that lights will save you longer than anything else around here.”

Tom was happy about the warmth, but almost gagged by the mix smells of flowers, but Barbe was stepped on his foot and slightly nudging him to step inside and not be a baby about the kind offer. Both came and found a chair, as Barbe spoke and made sure she faced the inviting host so she could read her lips,“Thank you for inviting us, I love your house, and its nice and warm..” She was speaking up a little louder than normal and got laugh out of maggy.

Maggy, “Thank you, My late husband made it for me, yes please get nice and warm..Oh my I almost forgot..” She struggled to get out of the seat, “My manners, I need to get you tea and cookies..” A loud pop was heard as maggy wenched and held her hip, slowly she sat down flustered, “oh my hip, co..could someone be a dear and go into the kitchen to get the cookies and tea, they should be done by now..Don’t worry about Crookshank, he won’t bite, he is blind but he is a sweet little thing..”

```````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

Inside the gas station, a young man was cleaning up the wet puddles with a mop, and looking up at the new arrival that had just come in, “um hey there, I am Mr. Keap, guessing your stuck in town with your friends as well?”

Mr. Keap smiled, as it appeared that the keeper of the gas station was around 20 years of age, and wearing loose fitting overalls and a shirt. Thick glasses, loosely hanging on a chain around his neck, his frame was slightly muscle and appeared almost like a jock from off the beach as his arm sported a stretched tattoo

Code:
    http://www.gophoto.it/view.php?i=http://www.grunt.com/corps/uploads/tattoos/tsgeletos2.jpg

He grinned flashing his pearly white teeth at the bucktooth gentlemen and wavered for him to come inside, as he sighed looking at the mop and seeing that he would have to clean more puddles later, “Sorry, I’m the owner of the store, how may I help you? “

Moving behind the counter, he brushed his thick brown hair out of his face, and kept his old fashion welcoming smile to the new customer as he awaited for the young man to step inside from the rain.

((please read other post to known what is inside the store))
    Illusive Man
    Illusive Man

Post  Illusive Man Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:29 pm

Somthin ain't right here.....

Dom's keen gaze fell upon the old woman, she couldn't possibly be the Maggie that old man Keap mentioned, and once more she referred to the man they met just a few minutes prior as someone much younger, now wondering if this lady was suffering from advanced dementia.

Whipping out his I-phone Dom sets the screen to a brighter setting, but not so much that it would hurt her eyes if they were in as poor a state as her mind. Within moments Dom's nimble fingers had composed a letter for her to read, holding his screen patently before her addled eyes so she wouldn't have to squint too hard.

The words on the screen were large, set at a font size of 20: HELLO MAGGY, MY NAME IS DOMINIQUE ESTICADO, MY FRIENDS AND I CAME TO DELIVER GROCERIES TO YOU AND YOUR GRAND DAUGHTER. I'D LIKE TO SPEAK TO LITTLE MAGGY IF YOU WOULDN'T MIND. OH AND ONE MORE THING, MR.KEAP IS AN OLD MAN REMEMBER? HE USUALLY DELIVERS GROCERIES TO YOU AND YOUR GRAND DAUGHTER!
    Mathadar
    Mathadar

Post  Mathadar Sun Sep 30, 2012 2:14 am

Matthew closed the front door now that everyone was inside, then went to go off to the kitchen to get the cookies and tea. Wondering for sure what type of Critter Crookshanks was going to be. As he left he faced Maggy a moment and said at normal speed, and not at a fast speed he often talked.

"I will get the tea and cookies. Be Right Back, Maggy"
    monsterus
    monsterus

Post  monsterus Sun Sep 30, 2012 2:35 am

Maggy relaxed in the chair, nursing her hip as she looked up to Dom, seeing him pull out his I-phone and type away, “oh those handheld television screens.”
    The elderly female, soon saw the young man hold the phone out to her to read, and seemed pleased on how well-mannered her guest was. Maggy crackled into sharp laughter on reading the granddaughter and held her side, wavering her boney hands at the group before wiping away a tear and smirked, “I guess, this is rather strange to you?”
    Slowly she leaned back in the chair and closed her only good eye before opening it up and gazing at the patient Dom, “Mr. Dominique, I am Maggy Farson, or the towns folk like to call little Maggy, due to my size being small as a child and has stuck with me ever sense.” She paused and gazed strait into Dom’s eyes, “This town isn’t normal my dear, time doesn’t flow rightly and as of Mr.Keap, he is barely 20 and has joined the military to fight against the germs and Hitler. Though I don’t know how he will run his father’s business sense his passing..”
    Maggy wavered her hand, “Thank you, be careful stranger, if Crookshank is there, just rub him behind the head and he will leave yea alone. He just wants attention..” She saw Mathew leave and chuckled to herself, “what a nice young man..”

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````
    When Mathew entered the kitchen, he saw the kitchen was light up with candles, and the kettle of tea sadly wasn’t cooking as it appeared the gas stove was one but the kettle was on the wrong burner.
    Code:
    http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs41/f/2009/032/9/6/Taisho_era_kitchen_by_wredwrat.jpg
    ((kitchen with out the dud of course and candles added))
    The pile of chocolate cookies seemed to be covered up with a warmer cozy of pale pink colors and Mathew came over to the stove to see what the situation was with the old gas stove.
    Something slowly moved out of the nearby storage for buckets and mobs, out of Mathews view and lightly nudged his ankle and made a strange hissing whine.
    Code:
    http://browse.deviantart.com/?qh=&section=&q=alligator#/d1oucy4
    The large nine foot tall alligator was stretched out and under the island, its snout kept rubbing up against Mathews leg, as its green glowing eyes gazed up toward Mathew like a whinnying dog asking for a treat.
    Maggy voice spoke up from in the living room, “If that is Crookshank, give him a cookie and pet his head, he is a good little puppy!”

Mathadar
    Mathadar

Post  Mathadar Sun Sep 30, 2012 2:46 am

Matthew at first felt his leg twitch and he was about to jerk it away, but then he realized, she truly had been raising this thing as a pet. Knowing about Alligators in captivity from having watched a few discovery channel specials, he simply grabbed up a cookie, and tossed it just to the side of the alligator so he could see it, then gently reached down and petted behind his head, rubbing him with the scales, not against, so he didn't hurt himself or Crookshanks.

"Nice to meet ya Crookshanks... I'm Matthew... hmm..."

Standing upright as Crookshanks went to get the cookie, he brought the back of his left hand close to the pot and realized it was cold, and then simply moved the entire pot to a stove that was actually lit, so it could get hot. He also opened the top slightly to see if it had what it was supposed to, inside.

"Dom don't forget to tell Maggy she put the pot on the wrong burner, its just cooking now. It'll be a bit before we can get any hot tea. But the cookies are right here."

He then rubbed Crookshanks again, then picked up the cookies, and headed back to the main room.
    monsterus
    monsterus

Post  monsterus Sun Sep 30, 2012 3:09 am

Alligator Crookshanks, tilted its head upward and toward the right to the sound of a treat falling, sniffing at the cookie the alligator opened its mouth and nudged the treat to its maw. Slowly the alligator lifted its head up, with the treat loosely in its hold and jerked its head back with its mouth open to snap the treat into crumble bits inside its gobs.

The loud snap was heard and echoed throughout the house as the large scaled creatures glowing green eyes closed and made a faint grunge sound of delight on being petted. Relaxing the large monster, spread out its little legs and body outward like a rug and rested on its large faded color belly. Wagging its tail with the attention it received from the strange and appeared to be well trained li an over grown dog. Opening the glowing green eyes toward Mathew, it paid attention toward its name being called and nudged Mathews boot with the end of its snout in response for more petting.

It appeared the tea bags, where inside and set for the cooking process but it had horribly failed without heat, so it looked like cold murky brown water that now needed to be boiled.

Crookshank wagged its tail in delight on being petted again and whined when Mathew had left but it appeared the large beast didn’t follow, showing that it wasn't going to venture into the living room due to training or because of other unknown reasons.

Tom and Barbe, already was sitting close by the fire to warm up and had scooted the chairs closer to the old woman so they could talk to her. Barbe looked to Mathew and the tray of covered up cookies, “so how come you didn’t bring this puppy with you, I love fuzzy wuzzy animals..”
    Illusive Man
    Illusive Man

Post  Illusive Man Sun Sep 30, 2012 12:44 pm

Dom's brow furrows in confusion as he struggles to digest the information he was receiving, while he was still in the field he relied on the information he obtained from friendly locals his gut told him to trust...but now?

He sure as hell didn't know what to think of this, either Maggy was shitting him with her notions of how space/time functioned or....the part that bothered the fuck out of him, was that she spoke with conviction and a clear sense of mind something that unnerved him. The others may not be reading between the lines but then again they weren't extremely lateral thinkers like him, the implications of her statement, should it be proven true considering what they've already been told by Keap about this town's violent history, irked him greatly.

Ignoring the clearly domesticated herp in the kitchen, Dom cleared the screen with a slide of his dusky index finger and wrote a new message quickly: MRS. FARSON, MATTHEW TOLD ME TO TELL YOU THAT YOU HAD THE TEA KETTLE ON THE WRONG STOVE TOP, THE REFRESHMENTS SHOULD BE READY SOON. He ended his first sentence with a reassuring closed liped smile. I DON'T MEAN TO OPEN UP WOUNDS LONG SINCE HEALED OR PERHAPS THEY'RE STILL FRESH CONSIDERING WHAT YOU TOLD US? BUT I'D KINDLY LIKE TO KNOW WHAT HAPPENED IN THAT LIBRARY AND IF RELEVANT WHEN IT HAPPENED?
    monsterus
    monsterus

Post  monsterus Sun Sep 30, 2012 6:06 pm

Maggy smiled, and reading the message she flustered in delight, “Been a long while sense I was called Mrs. Farson, mmm Matthew..oh the tall gentlemen is a Matthew..” Her little bony finger scrawled across the screen, not touching it but reading each word carefully, “Oh, sorry dear, must have used the wrong knob…mmm..” Growing rather still and silent on the library part and let out a raspy sigh, “That is the time of darkness, my dear, many had lost their lives and even now the living has refused to listen to the stories of the dead....” she paused and gestured for him to sit and waited for the others to gather, as she picked up the cookie from the small coffee table and nibbled at the warm snack, “It is a wound, that is still fresh but it is wise to say what had happen if you are here, maybe you will understand this place more if I do ..”

Maggy left the impression that the whole town was a large living creature/ person of its own, and wavered her free hand outward, “It had happen many many years, I was very young and six at the time but I was a really bright child before schooling. I was blessed or maybe cursed on being able to see something and still remembering what I saw…I see a date or a name, I could still remember it as if it was yesterday and the time I believe was in 1922 or maybe 1923.
    She coughed and cleared her throat deeply before continuing and letting the others get the idea of how long ago it was, “I had gone to the library for bible study on the second floor, we had a two old nuns teaching us the way of the lord but all us school children kept calling them lady penguin. “ She softly chuckled and sighed, and opened her eyes to look at the ceiling as her soft voice started to become sadder in tone, “ My classmates consisted of other little children of many classes in town, from my age to being ten years old…Two girls were twins of 7 years of age and belonged to a rich family of the mine named Lacy and Lucy. They both always wore the same outfits and loved playing mean little tricks on people in order to get a laugh. One the little boys of eight was Randle, he was always scared and reading as many books as he could get his little hands on, his idea was to become a teacher like his father. Though Randle was raised by his father alone, he seemed to have such a kind heart and always was looking for a way to help someone in need. “ She set the cookie down and held a sad smile, “The last little boy was the oldest, he was ten years old and was named Markus, he belonged to the poorest family and yet he was also the bravest then any of the adults in the library.”

She sighed and finally looked to the group, “The librarian was miss’s Raven, the town called her a feather head dreamer because she always seemed to get the strangest books to fill up the library and kept saying that knowledge is power. When we were in the middle of our study, someone had screamed downstairs, it was so loud it almost shook the glass windows on the walls and loud crashes were heard. I was scared and the nuns took us further in the back of the class, as one of the nuns had left to see what the matter was and soon the screaming started up again. I heard gunfire, only once and strange demonic laughter, the one remaining nun had panicked and told us to hid. She was praying and appeared scared for us, and even tried to go to the large back window an open it up for us to escape. I could hear her fingers, clawing at the window and muttering about oh god why, it appeared the windows had been nailed shut because of the fear of one of the children climbing on the roof and breaking our necks.

I was hiding behind a small wicker bin with Lacy at the time, and we both saw the door open and close rather quickly. I could hear the dripping sounds of something wetting hitting the wooden door and peeking through the gabbing holes of the wicker bin, I saw Miss Raven, pale and having her hand to her side asking for help. I never heard Miss Raven speak in such a manner, it was cold and far off…I noted that she held her right side but her left side had more blood then her right and tried to warn our teacher. It was too Late…”
    She paused as the loud shrill whistle of the kettle was heard, “Lets get something to drink before we continue.”

Tom was engrossed by the story and had offered to get the Kettle, as he walked into the kitchen and grabbed the tea and tea cup accessories he had made an off comment to Maggy that her stuffed animal had scared him a bit.

Maggy just chuckled, not wanting to scare Tom on saying she didn’t have any stuffed animals and took her tea, she had offered lump of sugars for everyone that needed it and stirred her hot brew. Taking a deep sip did she let out a sigh and continued on where she had left off, “Our teacher had taken the library to the far back, to get washed up at the basin behind the bookshelves. Only candlelight revealed what had happened, She had pulled an object and stapped the nun in the back, and soon as she fell to the floor.. She was on the nun and was choking her on her own rosary and all we could do was whimper in fear..

Markus must have snapped out of it, and quickly gathered us in silence and head out of the classes and downstairs, he seemed adamant to get us all out of the horrible place and get help. We all held hands, hearing the dying sounds of our teacher and found that the whole place was solid darkness. All the lanterns from the roof had been broken and oil an glass was everywhere on the wooden floor. Shelves had been knocked over, and from what cracks of light that could be seemed from the shutters, was red liquid lumps. I think Markus lead us to the door, and he found we couldn’t open any of the shutters or the door because of the locks and latches. So Markus told us he would get the key from her desk, he said we needed to hid and not to scream or whimper.

He had whispered all these orders to us and hinted the fear in his voice but he held such a brave face. I hid behind the collapse book shelf, and many others took random directions in the dark.

I heard Miss. Raven, calling for us, shouting out in a shrill giggling voice of children and even trying to say that everything was fine. None of us had left from our hiding spots, but I saw from the book shelf of her feet standing near my view and noted she was now wearing the nuns outfit. Fresh blood was on her and from there it seemed like an endless nightmare of her hunting for us, and I had almost bit the inside of my cheek in the sight of a severed head of the mailman being behind me the whole time of my hiding.

Over time, One by one, she found us, and I could hear them calling for help and pleading but silence took hold afterwards. I must have stayed under the shelf for days, I could only tell it was morning by the small little lights and could hear Raven yell for us to come out. I heard men outside the place, calling for Raven to come out, to free the children and at this time I decided I needed to get out. I had left the safety of my hiding spot and ran to the desk, I was weak but fear pushed me forward. I found a lantern that was still intact at the desk, and revealed that Markus had died on the floor holding onto a ring of keys.. I heard her footsteps and panicked, I didn’t known why I did this but my brain told me to grab the lantern. I noticed a lighter and took the steel lighter with me, and hurried into the fireplace. I was small and the fireplace was large enough, that I could hid and not worry about being grabbed. I wanted to have light in the darkness, even if it was to see the terror that roamed the library. I could hear the sounds of her feet go into my direction, feel sharp claws swiping at my Sunday flower dress and scrapped myself on the bricks to slip inside. I could hear her shouting for me to come out, and reaching her hands inside the fireplace to reach for me cowering against the back of the fireplace as far as I could. I managed to light up the lantern and saw Miss. Raven pull away in pain, scurrying from the sight of the light. Her eyes, her eyes were solid black, her teeth seemed to long for a normal mouth and her nails looked so long. I found she had slipped piece of metal under her nails to make them sharper and her outfit had fragments of skin stitched to the clothing. She had dropped something and I took it, almost risking myself to get stabbed but whatever I took, she wanted it and had demanding me to turn the light off.
    I just cried and shook my head no, I could see with the fire light of the lantern, the sight of the books being scattered on the floor and all that blood. I could see the outline of her, hunching over her desk, cursing me and demanding me to come to her. To give her back the book and to kill the light…I don’t remember much after that..” Maggy frowned, “state of shock I guess, I think I tricked her and found ways to get candles that they stored nearby the fireplace and use it for light. I had so many handfuls and I knew if I didn’t stay in the light away from the monster. I would have died like the others, I knew I was the only kid and knew she would kill me.

In the end, I had fallen asleep and woke up in my mothers arms in small hospital. I was weak and ill, they had told me that they had stopped her and not to worry about Miss Raven anymore. They had asked about why I held onto the candle and book, and it had appeared I still held the book in my left hand. No one could pry the two objects out of my hold, and instead of hurting me they left it in my grip. I told my mother the book was Miss Ravens and my mother being as wise as she was buried the book when I gave it to her. Rumors spread of what had happen, an of the book I held but I knew that Miss Raven wasn’t gone..She wanted her book so I made sure I had candles as a child and as a grownup every night to light the darkness encase she returns.” She sighed looking to Dom, “A medium had come into town, much later to find the true story of what had happen, she went crazy and killed herself at the bridge. Towns folk being poor as it was, couldn’t move the dead bodies to far from town to the old graveyard, so we made a new one around the library and deemed the library just a shack for the graveyard. I know It seems far fetch to you youngsters but whatever happen downstairs was horrible, she had sliced and diced people into small chunks and feed on them. My class mates became part of her outfit and she was ready to do something with that book.

I know one other had lived, Adam the bag handler in the grocery store had lived for a short time and on the fourth day of the incident had died of complication. Something people tend to forget and listen to the spread rumors of the true story, Adam had the true story what had happen and wrote it down for the police. It was dismissed due to the lack of reality and got sold to the crook that is running that gaudy dark tourist trap Dark Secrets Shack.”

Mad Martigan
    Mad Martigan

Post  Mad Martigan Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:56 pm

( You need to wright out the creepy librarian background as a short story and make some money off that)

Setting his bike up against the wall by the door, he nods acknowledging the attendant.
    Ever cautious, Neil observes his step as to avoid puddles of mop water as he makes his way to the counter. Not noticing the damp foot prints of rain he leaves behind.

"Uh, Oh, friends? Eh, I guess you mean other people on their way to our class ree~union. It's been a number of years since they would have seen me. We weren't all ,um ,close. So this will be the first time I've seen them since graduation.You see I became a doctor and have a an office over in in, um." Realizing he was beginning to ramble on and not answer the man's question, Neil catches his breath and starts again. "My car has stalled just out side of town. I was hoping I could get it towed into a garage for service. I hope it doesn't take me too long," worried that sounded like a complaint he lowers his tone to a meager one ,"I'm just , really eager to get on to the reunion.
    Mad Martigan
    Mad Martigan

Post  Mad Martigan Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:19 pm

(Here is a look at Neil)

( [Only admins are allowed to see this link] )
    monsterus
    monsterus

Post  monsterus Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:30 am

The store keeper looked at the orange haired man an nodded, “Yep, I guess, their van is stuck here due to flat tires, and you made it in time before the flood swallow’s the bridge.” He smiled at the young doctor, mention about his life and chuckled at him softly of his rambling.
    “Er, well” He scratched his head with his thumb as his smile didn’t faulter, “Good to have a doctor in town, town lost our doctor a while ago due to a horrible flue, and it’s a big deal to have one in this neck of the woods.” He paused unsure, “Car stalled?” He looked in the horrible weather and nodded on understanding why it would, “Just hope you didn’t park you car on a low hill in this weather, dirt roads have a tendency to slide the vehicle into the river and the owner has to worry more than the engine.”

He paused and looked unsure toward the young educated man, “Well I am the local store gas owner, and mechanic. Though Tranny the Tower, won’t come out in this weather due to the lighting, apparently he has it stuck in her head that some higher being is out to kill them when it rains. Lighting struck and killed her father and uncle you see.” Knowing he was going on his own rambles but he coughed getting back to business, “I’m sure if you wait out the storm, we can get you on your way to that reunion educational thingy…but its best maybe you find a place to hunker down for the night? Worry about this when the rain lightens up and isn’t shacking doors near the frames?”
    He wavered his hand around his store, “Buy what you need here, but if you need a place to stay, you have only three options and I don’t know what option your classmates picked. The old hotel is burned down, terrible incident happen there first option I wouldn’t dare do is sleep in the old library school up the road from here on the old cemetery hill, second option is the old Marsh Manor, kinda a makeshift hotel tell the old hotel is rebuilt, and the third option is the best if I where ya. Sleep in the broken shack in the woods, kinda damp and broken down but safest place besides the roaming critters every once in a while. “
    Mathadar
    Mathadar

Post  Mathadar Fri Oct 05, 2012 3:50 am

"I can completely understand, now hearing the full story, or at least your part of it. Why you have so many candles, and why this town seems so perilous. Its history is steeped in violence, and insanity. This place just got more interesting, oh and um... Sorry to hear about what you went through."

Looking over at Tom, Matt exclaimed.

"Stuffed animal? Suuuuure... Tom... Suuuuure..."

He then sipped on some tea, after dunking the cookie in it, like you would milk, he grimaced, from the taste. It didn't go as well together as he had hoped, and now there were crumbs in his tea. Needless to say, the reason Matt was suprisingly quiet, was due to the amount of information, including DIRE warnings. As well as the occasional fucked up events, that have occured in this town, following Paranormal, and Supernatural murders, and suicides. He just continued to sip his tea, with a smile, he was not really happy, just smiling... because, cmon now... really? Are we all going to die here?
    Illusive Man
    Illusive Man

Post  Illusive Man Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:47 am

[OOC: Dom speaks alot like (William) Bill Compton (Billith), from TruBlood. Imagine that smoky, Cajun voice and hold it....you got it? Now read. For those of you who have never seen TruBlood thinking it's like Twilight, I tell you that you are wrong. TruBlood's supernatural characters seem to be based on nWOD. Vampire the Masquerade for Vamps, Changeling the Lost for the fae, Werewolf the Forsaken for shifters.]

Biting into his second cookie in an new attempt to calm his frittering nerves again, Dom tried to up hold his cool facade, trying to keep his composure when he was actually on edge. His mind raced as he drank in the entire fucking story...picking apart details, analyzing and simply putting two an two together and getting...fish.

He took a sip of his tea appreciatively as he watched maggy, Esticado was more than impressed with the venerable woman before him. She showed creativity and a powerful will to live, even when others would have faltered...and she was only a child then. These were all traits Dom himself tried to exemplify while he was on the battlefield, fighting for his life on a daily basis...losing comrades to well hidden mines, watching as their bodies were torn apart by explosive fragmentation discharges...the shrapnel raining down on soldiers and enemies alike. He shook his head while rubing his temple, trying to draw his mind away from the horrors of war, not wanting to revisit what he wanted to leave behind...he had a new lease on life that he wanted to get back to.

Setting his cup on a costar and cookie filled napkin on her sturdy, hardwood table Dom would reach down and take Maggy's delicate withered hands in his own, looking straight into her pearly eyes with his own hazel portals speaking slowly, clearly...feeling a sense of kinship with this woman "Mrs. Farson...you are a very...strong woman, and...let no one tell you differently!"

With his back turned to the others, Dom would speak quickly "Listen, I have no idea what we're up against, or just what this town's deal is...the distortions in time, and the seemingly unified consciousness of the folk are beyond me. But let me tell y'all this...If we maintain cohesion..If we put our heads together and try to survive whatever comes our way, we will get through this...and we will live."

Pulling out his I-phone he'd shoot a glance back at Matt, his keen eyes sensing his unease "Matthew, would you kindly let me see the map?" before typing another message for their gracious host.

MRS. FARSON, I DON'T KNOW HOW MUCH TROUBLE IT'LL BE FOR YOU BUT I'D LIKE TO KNOW IF WE CAN HUNKER DOWN HERE FOR THE NIGHT. YOU AND CROOKSHANKS CERTAINLY LOOK LIKE YOU COULD USE THE COMPANY! WE COULD EVEN HEAD BACK TO THE GAS STATION AND GET SOME EXTRA REFRESHMENTS! I WANTED TO TALK TO KEAP AGAIN ANYWAY.

Mad Martigan
    Mad Martigan

Post  Mad Martigan Fri Oct 05, 2012 3:08 pm

Becoming mortified at the idea of losing his car he spent a silent moment thinking over his predicament. Neil calmly let denial set in at the prospect and focused making a plan for the night. Eyes darting back and forth searching through the man's suggestions. A burned down house was clearly unsafe and might even blow over in a storm. Even if it wasn't he doubt such a damaged structure could keep out the weather. Saying this old shack was safest immediately ruled out by the inclusion of any "critters". The library sounded like the nicest place to stay. He rather be in trouble with local authorities for trespassing than in trouble with wild animals. He told himself that even if he was alone he could still have access to any number of books. Neil had often found sanctuary in libraries where could get lost in text peacefully. Heading there was would be an instinctual act of self preservation. He figured the young man working here was merely afraid of the adjacent graveyard. While Neil could be easily intimidated by living people, med school had broke his sense of fear about corpses. He knew inanimate people were just that, and only a harm to people who miss handled them.
    Forcing another smile he spoke, "Th-thank you! I will, uh, be back tomorrow to see what I can do about my...car."
    With that he re-buckled his bike helmet and started pedaling his way to the library.
    monsterus
    monsterus

Post  monsterus Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:32 pm

Mrs.Farson held her weak smile, as she was surprised that Dom had reached over and took her hand, she could read his lips clearly and really showed a true smile, “Thank you dear, you are very kind and it reminds me much of my husband.” She softly laughed and squeezed the solders hand, telling him it was ok and released her hold to slip her frail hands on top of her lap.
    Tom was shocked and so was Barbe, they both whispered amongst each other and away from everyone, as it appeared Barbe was keeping Tom from freaking out. Already Toms face had lost a lot of color and he kept clinging to the arms of his chair, looking from how his pupils dilated that he was going to faint.

The silver white haired woman looked at the phone text and smiled softly, “Sure thing dear, if you don’t mind if Crookshank wandering and snuggling. He’s a sweet old thing and if you go to the gas station, can you please give the nice young man some money for his trouble? She leaned over, taking a small purse and opening it up, pulling out a wrinkled dollar and two nickles, “Think that should be enough for the whole thing, and here is a nickel for your little group to get a drink..” She smiled and held it out to Dom to take, as her tired eyes looked out at the dark weather, “Take some candles, by the fireplace, and use the metal hood lanter behind the door near the closet. Best to trust the old ways of things then the flashlight..Darkness tends to defy the new.”
    Her voice at the end from the pause, sounded ominous and worried, as if her eyes could see the evil that dwelled outside her house. She looked over at Tom and Barbe, softly chuckling, “Why don’t you go with them little lady, I’ll take the gentlemen to one of the guest room and let him rest on the old bed. I’ll bring a bucket for you because I don’t want you to throw up on my wooden floor.. “

NEIL

-------------------------

The young man nodded, wavering his hand goodbye, “Your Welcome, Please come again!” the shopkeeper sided and saw the young man bicycle off, seeing that he didn’t ask about any directions but noticing that he was heading down the road toward the old library. Made Mr. Keap body chill on the thought of it all, “Poor guy, I hope I see him tomorrow..”
    ---------------------------

Neil would find the weather and rain was making it hard for him to bicycle but lucky for him, the sign saying graveyard this way helped, following toward the cobble stone road toward the northwest, up and down hill. The young doctor found himself, at the sight of a black iron gate and many rows of headstones an tomes. The dirt path was soaked in mud, and would leave him having to truck it on foot in order to get up the large hill that held the large school house library that was surrounded by the dead.

Lighting flashed in the background of the structure as if it was greeting him to his doom, making the weathered dark treets, to paint a shadowy design of large claws reaching out for him each time the lighting flashed across the sky and thunder roll so loudly to his ears.

Code:
    http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs14/i/2007/034/c/9/Graveyard_by_Asait.jpg

((gate))

The pale pinkish brown library, had a wooden post sign saying We-come-- to [s]Library[/s] in red graffiti kill…, apparently a few hooligan had desecrated the old structure and even knocked over a few head stones of angels near the base of the hill into the mud. The stone steps leading toward the library seemed to weave to the left and right and straiten out after it went past the white picked fence that surrounded the structure, the library windows appeared boarded up and when neil came to the doorstep. He wound find the large oak door, had a red graffiti x on it and a skull, with a blurr scribbing of waz here.. The doorknob looked to be an iron lion head with its mouth open and eyes gouged from a gem decoration that had elaborated it.

The door creaked as the metal cried for oil, and soon darkness only greeted the young doctor beside the pale bit of light he had from outside that showed him the decorative wooden floor that appeared to be stained and even held small stone decorations of the old structure. Neil would find an old metal police flashlight near the foot of the door, apparently the keeper of the cemetery had left it behind and had fallen from the hook that was by the doorway.

Turning on the flashlight, the bright bulb pulled back the looming darkness inside the building and inside he would see the messy library and books scattered all around. Think layers of dust, papers, candles, and even a second floor for more books and several doors upstairs an down.

Code:
    http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs45/f/2009/079/f/a/Library_by_daRoz.jpg

In the center, looked to be a great opening and a pale wooden sign of Librarian, though the name of the Librarian was covered with thick webbing, a large solid black book held open by a metal book stand appeared to the young doctor to be a list of names and books checked out. With thinker ink lines of books being due, and a sign in guest side beside the ink and quill.

A much more thinker and larger book rested at the leather seating of the fancy black/wooden chair, it was decorated with a star, a circle and a lion. The lining and letter looked to be made out of painted gold and printed on the title, “Potentia de Pazuzu “ resting on top of another book that seemed just as dark and slightly burnt. The burnt book at the side of the binding titled itself in red, “Testum experior de Lamashtu”

Beside the two large books, a smaller brown leather Journal seemed to be close to the whole mess and barely covered in dust, labeled from the facing “Journal.”

Mathadar
    Mathadar

Post  Mathadar Mon Oct 08, 2012 4:01 am

After drinking some more Tea. Matthew put the cup back down, and looked at the floor, but was very carefully listening to Tom and Barbe's conversation. Hoping to figure out what they were saying, as they ahd not included him, and most likely what they were discussing would affect the entire group. Especially, if as he was thinking they may just go and leave to the manor, albiet he hoped they would change their mind. They had just started whispering when Mrs. Farson replied to Dom's suggestion. He then looked up alarmed.

"Wait... snuggling? Um... alright I guess, but I do not hold myself responsible for the first 5 seconds after I wake up. I have been known to act nuts when I am sleep deprived, someday ask Stefani or Wes, they are quite aware of my... issues when I am sleep deprived."

He looked over at Mrs. Farson as she took out pocket change and stated it would buy things as if it was the 1940's. He chuckled, thinking of his great grandmother, god rest her soul. She offered him too much money as far as he was concerned to take care of her, as he didn't feel it was something he felt right being paid for. He kept the checks she gave him instead of cashing them. He knew she was on a fixed income, and most of the food she ate and the bills themselves were paid for by us after all.

He realized they were still talking, as he was daydreaming. Hearing the word candles.

"Ah yes, are they scented candles? Those are actually very good. We keep bunches of them at my house for power outages, as we can use the flashlights when we travel around, but the candles as a static light in the room for reading or just chatting with each other."

The look on Mrs. Farson's face as she described that Darkness tends to defy the new made him very anxious, and his paranoia was kicking in again. He looked out at the shuttered windows, and the front door, and also felt a little chill run down the back of his neck, though not sure exactly why. One thing he was certain about. People tended to misunderstand that many old people were not to be underestimated, nor were their stories to fall on deaf ears. There was certainly plenty of things in this town that were scary and dangerous, and the fact she survived made him sure that following her advice was a good way to survive another day in this place.

"The guest room will do, if the bed is big enough I can sleep on one side you on the other Dom, if not, I have a sleeping bag right here."

He shuddered at the thought of waking up on the floor with scales rubbing against his back... or a tongue bath on his face from the large reptilian pet she had. He was needless to say, GOING to sleep in the bed.

"Oh... I just got a feeling like I forgot to say something or ask something, I guess it can wait till morning though. Do you have a bathroom or do you have an outhouse? I just realized I have to go."
    Mad Martigan
    Mad Martigan

Post  Mad Martigan Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:04 pm

"Aw man, why is it the classier a graveyard tries to look the creepier it gets?", Neil wondered to himself. It was oddly relaxing for him in the interior of the library. The isolation was safe and it helped him a feel a comfortable distance from his looming stress. Though, he felt his optimism waning. Neil was a man in need of a distraction. Escapism often helped him process a problem, and fantasy novels had become a guilty pleasure for this purpose. Though today, he would need something more interesting than the cheap paperback he had brought along. Compared to the mystery of the books before him his current choice of books seemed, pathetic.

[Only admins are allowed to see this link]

He figured any library should contain a Latin to English dictionary, and sought one out. He had a passing familiarity with Latin from with medical education and some of the legal terms associated with it. Not enough to make sense of any full Latin text or understand what those titles refereed too. He planned to type out interesting bits of the books into his smart phone in English. He would start with Potentia de Pazuz. The mystery of an unread book and unsolved puzzle of translation made this kind of distraction all the more alluring.
    Illusive Man
    Illusive Man

Post  Illusive Man Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:28 pm

Dom grimaced softly at the kind gesture of the nice old lady, pressing the nickel Maggy gave him to his lips Dom would pick up the lantern with his left hand, while tucking the candles into a concealed pocket within his long coat with his tight before placing the coin within the locket hanging from his neck.

He gave their guest a polite nod mouthing "From now on...that nickel..is going to be my..lucky keepsake! I'll.. be...back soon Maggy..please.tell Matthew...that Barbe and I...went ahead..to Mr.Keap's...gastation!" before turning to the door.

"You don't have to come with us Barbie, you should stay here and nurse Tom back to health. It's warm, dry, well lit and you have Maggy and Crookshanks here to keep you company." He tapped his feet impatiently waiting for Matt to finish up...geez how long could he take to urinate, taking to long to relieve yourself would have cost you your life in the field...

Raising the shielded lantern Dom headed off towards the service station once again, sure that he'd find nothing but more questions.
    Mathadar
    Mathadar

Post  Mathadar Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:53 pm

As Dom had stepped outside, he would see Matt tapping his foot impatiently outside.

"Ah there ya are Dom. C'mon, lets get a move on to the station. I take it Barbe is staying with Tom as is what I expected, so we're on our own. You want to take point or me again?"

He would pop out an LED flashlight and cup it with his hand as he turned it on, to set its illumination level, then he would unscrew the cap, unscrew the base, and remove a red lens cap, placing it onto the lens, then screwing on the cap, and screwing the base back on. Now he lit it and it gave a red glow.

"There we go, so it doesn't kill our night vision, I figure black light lens may not give us enough light to see with considering some of the ambient light from the cities not too far off."

Glancing at the sky, despite the horrible storm, it was still somewhat lit from light of nearby cities reflecting off of the cloud cover. It didn't give much to see by, as it wasn't nearly as bright as the night illumination of his home city of Dallas, Texas. Still, it was enough to give a general idea of what was around oneself, giving off slightly less light than a quarter moon.
    monsterus
    monsterus

Post  monsterus Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:50 am

The phone emits a strange white noise, while slowly the small blue downloading timer on the corner of the phone screen flickered one final time before turning red. The text under the phone for the Latin to English stated “Potentia de Pazuz” Translation “Power of Pazuz.”
    Though before Neil could go any further a small female voice broke the silence, echoing throughout the library “Potentia de Pazuz and Testum experior de Lamashtu, The power of Pazuz and I believe Witness the experience of Lamashtu...” Turning Neil wouldn’t be able to pinpoint the female voice the echoed through the library but soon he figured out where it was coming from with her next statement, with the mysterious female voice dramatic pause, “...Both are a good read if you want to go powerful and be nuts and be powerful..”

Stepping into the light, the pale female standing on the top of the stairs to the second floor was gazing down toward the orange haired man. She made a small wave and gave a smile that could break the illusion of how dark this place really was. She stated simply and elegantly “Ello”.
    She appeared to be standing 5’10", and had messy dripping wet brown hair clung to her neck. She bore on top of her crown a pale white gauze that was tightly bound, giving the illusion of a bathing white cap often used for swimming. Unbeknownst to Neil, the back of her head had dark spots of red blood staining the white gauze from the injury she had received and escaping the tight bandages, dripping slightly down the nap of her neck.
    She smiled and dug into her pocket, pulling out bent glasses that have a large crack on the right lens, the left lens looking rather speckled with muck. She appeared as if the condition of these glasses was total normal, stating in a disinterested voice, her voice went from monotone to a thick British accent. “Ah much better, don’t look so blurry now, you curious chap, was wondering why you had a sexy twin brother...”
    She shuffled closer to the light, revealing the purple bruised mark on her neck to be shaped like a large stretched hand mark stretching from one corner of her jaw to the other. Her clothing appeared to be mostly black, including a black shirt with a blurred bleed logo, and blue jeans, both soaked with water Surprising she wasn't shivering given the amount of wet clothing she was wearing. The mud caked the bottom of her blue jeans around the hem, appearing almost slimy in the light. She looks uncomfortable shuffling on the wooden stairs, her muddy bare feet slapping the ground as the drenched female gazed toward the new guest of the library. The look in her brown eyes betrayed a bit of worry about him being here. “Sorry I don’t mean to frighten you but you don’t appear to be a local...” She paused, knowing it sounded strange and quickly tried to correct herself. “...so it was worth a shot to talk to you. Suggest you not pick those nasty books up, took me three weeks to stop the horrors in this place.”
    She paused, broken in thought and nodded toward him. “…um by any chance, have you found a journal that has a cow drawn on the cover of the book?? I had it in the mansion but somehow I wound up here without it.” The strange girl looked to the roof and closed her eyes, knowing there was no way to save this one sided conversation, starting in a Texan accent. ”It's mine if your wondering and haws my name and my um…darn what else..”
    Now she was struggling with the correct words to say, and even seemed to switching from accent to accent seemingly at random. She leaned back and away, to let the shadows path her frame and hide from his sight but her voice kept carrying on through the dusty tome of books, now in a Russian accent. “Urm um forgot vhat I vanted to say to you…”
    The wet girl bit her lower lip and slipped her hand over her head to rub it, but was instantly wracked with pain, realizing her mistake, letting out a defeated sigh. She began hearing a soft metallic scrapping along the school board making her once calm demeanor, take a panicked appearance, “What, OH crap!time is it??!”
    Mad Martigan
    Mad Martigan

Post  Mad Martigan Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:47 pm

Hearing a voice caused Neil to spin around frantically scanning the room. His face went white and curled in his lips as if he wished to be as quite as possible to avoid detection. Seeing the girl descended the stair way he fixated on her and her broken lens. Taking a moment to dart his eyes back and forth to check if she was alone. If she wanted to completely remove his attention from the books she succeeded. As he contemplated if her comment about a twin was meant to as a complement or an insult, he loosened the his grip on the table that he had been clutching reflexively. He forced himself to act more relaxed and finally answered her.
    "Uh, OH YEAH, I'm from out of town! I'm just, uh, passing through and needed a place to rest for the night. Um."
    His mind went blank about her requests for a book. He was completely distracted by her now and couldn't remember details.
    "Saw a few books with animals on them. Let me just, sort, through this, pile."
    Neil started shifting around the books on the table attempting to fill her request. Nervously keeping one eye on her. His medical training wouldn't ignore her head dressing.
    "Uh, are you injured?"

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:50 pm