Assholes Inc: The Forum!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Assholes Inc: The Forum!

2 posters

Calling all Assholes! Show me your pokeymanz!

Lox
    Lox

Calling all Assholes! Show me your pokeymanz! Empty Calling all Assholes! Show me your pokeymanz!

Post  Lox Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:18 pm

In a recent bout of renewed enthusiasm for the idea, I've decided to try my hand at running another pokemon game.
    As always with my campaigns, all are extended a formal invitation.

Stephen and Dennis have both given their interest in aiding in creating a system to make thi8s work, but if for some reason they are unwilling or unable, I am willing to work on things myself, if I have to.

To summarize:

This will be a game more heavily involved in double-dealing, political intrigue, and manipulation than fighting and combat. (In fact, usually if there is an outright confrontation somebody will have done something wrong.)

The idea is that the game will take place in the world of Pokemon, stripped of the rose-tinted glasses that the games and show look at it through. This is a game in which the Leagues run a totalitarian dictatorship over the masses, covering and manipulating their way into a carefully-preserved peace, where the common populace are kept complacent and blissfully unaware of the strings tugging at their lives.

I am, in essence, looking for two parties. The first party will belong to a small 'resistance' faction looking to expose the conspiracy and destabilize the Leagues enough to make a coup d'état feasible and likely to succeed.

The second party will be a group of low-ranking League Agents, working to uncover the locations of this Resistance's bases of operation and members, and neutralize them.

I am, of course, completely willing to accept spies, if you wish to play them.

I'm not looking for heroes and villains here. I'm looking for characters with realistic motivations and convictions.

Should I get enough recruits for both sides, I will be managing a subforum for the game, ideally with two subforums within to keep each sides' actions separate from one another. Ideally, the game should work around information gathering and subterfuge. If all goes well...

So, here it is. This is just a thread I'm putting up to check for interest. If you're interested, post here.
    Illusive Man
    Illusive Man

Calling all Assholes! Show me your pokeymanz! Empty Re: Calling all Assholes! Show me your pokeymanz!

Post  Illusive Man Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:42 pm

I see a lot of potential in a game like this. Playing a member of team rocket or any of those other affiliated organizations, An employe of poke-burger, An disenfranchised officer jenny. An Nurse joy who runs an underground railroad. The cool trainer who reports in on other trainers.

I'm in. Gimme a holler if you need assistance with any of the mechanics or setting.

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 7:14 am