Assholes Inc: The Forum!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Assholes Inc: The Forum!

+5
Illusive Man
Hiro Protaganist
Phiss
Lox
Mathadar
9 posters

Roleplay Thread (Non-Combat related thread)

Zeezy
    Zeezy

Roleplay Thread (Non-Combat related thread) - Page 9 Empty Re: Roleplay Thread (Non-Combat related thread)

Post  Zeezy Sat Jun 30, 2012 12:07 am

The white pony exhales at the sudden addition of quite a bit of mass to her back -- she can carry him, but barely. If he hadn't dropped the rest of his gear, she'd probably be asking for a new spine. "OK," she strains to say, "I think I got this." She starts flapping her wings, and miraculously -- to her, at least -- manages to lift into the air.

As she lands on the other side of the gap, her back silently thanks her now-buckling knees for taking the load. She groans, not used to carrying anything close to this much weight. She could see herself getting used to it, but it would take some time. As Phiss dismounts, she goes back over to collect her and his belongings.
    LordShoes
    LordShoes

Roleplay Thread (Non-Combat related thread) - Page 9 Empty Re: Roleplay Thread (Non-Combat related thread)

Post  LordShoes Sat Jun 30, 2012 12:16 am

"Just so you two know, that was the most adorable thing I've ever seen."

Ono chuckles, and leads the way ever upwards.
    Phiss
    Phiss

Post  Phiss Sat Jun 30, 2012 12:21 am

Phiss clinged on for dear life onto Surprise. It was a very little known fact that Phiss was ever so slightly afraid of heights. Well, not so much heights as hitting the ground from certain distances. When he had fell so far long ago, and hell, just recently, he was always afraid of dying a horrible, painful, bone splinteringly awful death. As he floated off the ground, he had wished that he had enough crowns to go through with the Owlite Levitation implant. Then this whole thing wouldn't have been a problem.

When he arrived, he kissed the ground beneath him. Sweet beautiful floor, I missed you. He regained his composure, then scratched the back of his helmet. "Um. Thanks, Surprise." He mumbled, somewhat ashamed of himself.

And then the wiseass spoke up. "I am a walking death machine!" That was afraid of his own shadow. And is nearly suicidal. And probably smells funny, for that matter. "Nothing I do can be considered as 'cute'!" He tried to keep pace with the Rider, looking very peeved as was normal.
    Illusive Man
    Illusive Man

Post  Illusive Man Sat Jun 30, 2012 12:56 pm

Looking at the abyss bellow, and then at the sheer distance of the gap Tao's smile turns upside down. Fully aware that she isn't strong enough to jump that far, she shudders visibly before calling out to the others meekly her voice shaky with worry. "I....it's okay Tao can stay here till you guys get back nya~......."
    Hiro Protaganist
    Hiro Protaganist
    Admin

Post  Hiro Protaganist Sat Jun 30, 2012 1:08 pm

"We will all get across Tao." Carke ponders the situation for a moment. "Perhaps I can come back across and bolster your jumps with a telekinetic shove, like the one I used on Sketch. To ensure your safety we can tie a rope around you and if you fall Ono, Phiss, and Dante can pull you up."
    Zeezy
    Zeezy

Post  Zeezy Sat Jun 30, 2012 1:26 pm

Surprise flies back over the gap and to the dropped gear, before hearing Tao lament. She slips on her saddlebags, walks over, and crouches a bit. "You could probably ride, too. You'll have to pull your legs up, but I bet you're much lighter than Phiss is. No heavy armor!"
    Illusive Man
    Illusive Man

Post  Illusive Man Sat Jun 30, 2012 1:42 pm

Tao's eyes light up at surprise's idea. "Really?!

Careful to prevent her excitement from completely overwhelming her Taokaka slowly mounts the pony ensuring that everyone involved is comfortable before smiling once with the thought of impending flight.
    Zeezy
    Zeezy

Post  Zeezy Sat Jun 30, 2012 1:50 pm

She tries trotting around a bit -- quite clumsy with such a large rider. Lifting off, however, is much easier. Flapping her wings for flight isn't nearly as laborious with Tao as it was with Phiss. She makes it over the gap with little effort.

After letting Tao off, she returns over the pit to gather Phiss's items. She places the gun in her saddlebag, and the sword in... well, putting that in the bag too would be dangerous, so she simply holds onto it. She glides back over the pit to Phiss, and drops his things at his feet. "Here ya go! Er... Sorry for the bit of slobber, ponies don't have hands." She offers a big grin in apology.
    Lox
    Lox

Post  Lox Sat Jun 30, 2012 2:00 pm

Dante sets Leon down after a moment, looking around. "Well, here's hoping all future threats are as easy to neutralize as a large gap."

Leon had to admit, this group was cooperating more readily than he'd have thought. "And to answer your question, Surprise... No. My world isn't a very nice place. I mean, it'd probably be an improvement to have... I dunno, mountains made of ice cream instead of constant war. You guys have that sort of thing, right?" He glances at Phiss. "Plasma, huh? That's a bit of a technological jump... But then, we don't have power armor. So expectable, I guess."
    Illusive Man
    Illusive Man

Post  Illusive Man Sat Jun 30, 2012 2:11 pm

As surprise kicks off Tao's mind goes blank....in her mind this brief flight was not over some scary gap, she and surprise had been temporarily transported to a magical land full of wonderful things and expansive vistas, struck silent for the duration of the ride.

To any outside observers Tao seemed to be enjoying her ride immensely, and ever so slightly her hood slips back momentarily to reveal a bit of her face.

Upon landing Tao hugs surprise in gratitude for the flight that she hoped would never end, before seeing her off with a languid gaze. "Thank you very much nya~!"

Last edited by Illusive Man on Sat Jun 30, 2012 2:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Neravin
    Neravin

Post  Neravin Sat Jun 30, 2012 2:20 pm

Sketch regards the gap warily.

"I think I'm gonna have to with the magic push, dudes. That's a bit far for me."

He watches as Carke portals back over, then prepares to make a running jump.

"You ready, man?"

With that, he speeds off towards the edge!

(Backed up twelve feet, that's a +30, making the target number 73. Too bad I rolled a 98.)

At the very last moment, Sketch remembers why it's always important to properly tie your shoes, and rather than a graceful leap, tumbles forward in a dramatic display post-modern wipeout.

Thankfully, though, Carke's spell manages to do more than make up for it, and blasts Sketch up and over the edge.

He brushes himself off as he stands and readjusts his shades, slightly shaken.

"That was not quite as radical as I thought it would be. Thank you, Carke."

He pauses to catch his breath before moving on.

Last edited by Neravin on Sat Jun 30, 2012 2:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Hiro Protaganist
    Hiro Protaganist
    Admin

Post  Hiro Protaganist Sat Jun 30, 2012 2:20 pm

Carke hands out the rope and portals back over

((//Flickering Flame// Fettered (PR 1) Target 109))
    ((Rolled 26, 10 success!!))

He then catches the rope when thrown over and hands it off to sketch ((OOC gonna let Jai take it from here for the desc.))

((Casting //Fires Rage// Fettered (PR 1) Target 83))
    ((Rolled 53, 5 successes!))

((Casting //mind over matter// pushing (PR 7) rapid push on Sketch, target number 93)
    ((Rolled 6, 10 successes!!!))
    ((Sketch is propelled 17 meters!))
    ((Fires rage damage, 7 + 5 pen 4 = 13 damage, Armor soaks 6, 7 damage!, Toughness soaks 7, 0 damage taken.))
    ((Rolling psychic phen! (+10 for pushing) 38, 35))
    ((Keeping 35, Breath Leech: Everyone (including the psyker) within a 3d10 (12) metre radius becomes short of breath for one round and cannot make any Run or Charge actions.))

Last edited by Hiro Protaganist on Sat Jun 30, 2012 2:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Lox
    Lox

Post  Lox Sat Jun 30, 2012 2:31 pm

Leon and Dante are treated to the (highly unpleasant) sensation of having the breath ripped out of their lungs. "Wh-what... the hell... Carke, did you do that?"
    Hiro Protaganist
    Hiro Protaganist
    Admin

Post  Hiro Protaganist Sat Jun 30, 2012 2:47 pm

"I had to draw deeply for that one. I have learned a modicum of control over the affects of the phenomena however."

((//Flickering Flame// (PR 4) Target 103))
    ((Rolled 18, 9 successes!!))
    ((Damage from Fires Rage, max damage 9 pen 4, damage impossible))
    Phiss
    Phiss

Post  Phiss Sat Jun 30, 2012 3:06 pm

Phiss briefly noted that the world tasted like alkaline. "What's wrong?" He says to all the human types around him. Did he really smell? He sniffed his armpit. Nope, smelled like detergent as always.

(Machine 6! I don't breathe!)

Last edited by Phiss on Sat Jun 30, 2012 3:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Illusive Man
    Illusive Man

Post  Illusive Man Sat Jun 30, 2012 3:13 pm

Taokaka heavies heavily gasping for what little air she can. "I'm glad I didn't come over that way nya~. Tao has a feeling something worse could have happened......"
    LordShoes
    LordShoes

Post  LordShoes Sat Jun 30, 2012 4:51 pm

"What, did something happen?"

Ono turns around when he hears the gasping, expecting a gas cloud or something. What he sees is nothing. Completely unexpected. Whatever. He just continues up, avoiding the effects by just staying out of range.
    Zeezy
    Zeezy

Post  Zeezy Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:19 pm

Surprise trots further up to the door.

Wait a second.

"Oh, um, no," Surprise stops and finally responds to Leon's snide remark. She turns around, thoughtfully smiling. "We don't have mountains quite that yummy. That would be really cool, but --"

She notices that half the party seems to be gasping for air. "Whoa. What happened?"
    Hiro Protaganist
    Hiro Protaganist
    Admin

Post  Hiro Protaganist Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:25 pm

With everyone on the other side of the gap Carke will step up to the door and places a hand on it, his staff still glowing with latent fire. "That, was the practicality test. This, is the combat test." He says as he hefts the door open.
    Mathadar
    Mathadar

Post  Mathadar Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:56 pm

As the door opens the entire party appears in a room with stars on the walls and a door on the far wall in between 2 statues just taller than an average man of giant glowing yellow stars. Words appear in the center of the room near the top, with Yen Sid's voice joining their appearance.

"Defeat all of the Heartless!"

Shadows pop out of the floor and start flitting around near the far side of the room

Combat Start!!!!!

(( Combat is listed here https://assholesinc.rpg-board.net/t6-combat-thread-combat-goes-here#270 ))

Combat End!!!!!

The door unlocks to the next room. It appears it is unoccuped. There is a door on the far side covered in Yellow Stars. Carke knows that to be the entrance to Yen Sid's office. Oh, and the cannon has vanished, but now there is a rather large owl in the room with the group, next to surprise.
    Lox
    Lox

Post  Lox Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:21 pm

Leon holsters his pistol, frowning. "They pop up out of nowhere... I shouldn't be walking around without armor o-" He stops, and stares. There is an owl there. "Huh. So you can do that too." He turns to Dante, frowning. "Well, you're going to need a shower, that's for sure."

"That, or a fire hose. I really... really do not like Shadows."
    Zeezy
    Zeezy

Post  Zeezy Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:43 pm

(Testing Willpower, TN 42: 34, 1 degree of success.)

Surprise glances around, shaken by the brutal display of, well, everyone. She says, with a slight waver in her voice, "Wh--what was that? I've never seen... Is this normal for everypony else?" She warily trots toward the door, flying over the site where the dismembered heartless used to reside. Doc walks slowly forward after her.

"Is this going to happen often? I..." She hesitates, and takes a deep breath. "I might need one of those 'guns' you were talking about."
    Hiro Protaganist
    Hiro Protaganist
    Admin

Post  Hiro Protaganist Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:45 pm

Putting his staff away, Carke opens the door to Yen Sid's office. He steps inside and bows respectfully towards Yen Sid. "Master Yen Sid, I come bearing terrible news of events throughout the multiverse, and with me I bring those that I believe the multiverse has brought together to right these events." He gestures to each of the party members in turn "Leon and his partner Dante of the Digital World, Surprise the pony of Equestria, Tao of the Kaka clan, Sketch, Phiss the retired Spiral Knight, And Ono the Kamen Rider whom I believe to be potential Keyblade wielder. Everyone, this is Master Yen Sid."
    Mathadar
    Mathadar

Post  Mathadar Fri Jul 06, 2012 9:04 pm

Roleplay Thread (Non-Combat related thread) - Page 9 351306-yen_sid1_large
    Welcome... I am Yen Sid.

He looks around at the group. He is sitting at the desk, his hands together, his fingers tapping against each other.

A keyblader? That has yet to be decided. However, it is a pleasure to meet you all. Tell me of these, events.
    Phiss
    Phiss

Post  Phiss Fri Jul 06, 2012 9:10 pm

Phiss waves his pistol around, trying to aerate it. Strange, usually it didn't overheat like this. The plasma rods must have deteriorated in the Cryogen process and contaminated the fuel rods through the...

Wait, that pony thing hasn't even heard of a gun?

"You haven't even heard of what a gun is." He said flatly. He looked to the owl that decidedly wasn't there a little while ago. Or at least he thought it was an owl. He figured it looked like the symbol on the Owlite Order's sigil, and he and his party always shortened it to owl anyway.

He looked up at the wizard, and... "Huh. Gray Owl outfit? Nice craftsmanship."

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 8:49 pm