Assholes Inc: The Forum!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Assholes Inc: The Forum!

+5
Illusive Man
Hiro Protaganist
Phiss
Lox
Mathadar
9 posters

Roleplay Thread (Non-Combat related thread)

Phiss
    Phiss

Roleplay Thread (Non-Combat related thread) - Page 2 Empty Re: Roleplay Thread (Non-Combat related thread)

Post  Phiss Sat Jun 23, 2012 5:07 pm

He could probably safely assume that this guy wasn't in the Spiral know-how. But that just raised more questions than it brought up.

"... He's back in Cradle, last I knew. I don't know why he would go back but, well. He's having fun." He'd be lying if he said he didn't miss the stoic bastard a little. Even if they didn't quite see eye to eye anymore. "Four month old news, though. I could try sending a message, if it made you feel better."

An errant thought occurred to him. "I don't suppose you and him had adventures or something together, did you?"
    Lox
    Lox

Roleplay Thread (Non-Combat related thread) - Page 2 Empty Re: Roleplay Thread (Non-Combat related thread)

Post  Lox Sat Jun 23, 2012 5:17 pm

Leon just... stared. The crimson-furred vulpine, too, was dumbfounded. "You... randomly woke up with that. What in the hell... this doesn't make any sense."

Aaaaand there were crazy cat ladies. No stranger than any digimon, but still...

"We just got here. We have no idea where any of that is..."
    Hiro Protaganist
    Hiro Protaganist
    Admin

Post  Hiro Protaganist Sat Jun 23, 2012 5:25 pm

"We, along with a few others, saved the universe as a matter of fact. Afterwards though he left and would not respond to Ki messages" Carke holds up his Ki to show the spiral knight. "These strange invitations I am concerned may be the start of another adventure that the fate of the worlds rest upon. He was a good companion in the last adventure and I had hoped to have his sword and shield with us again."
    Illusive Man
    Illusive Man

Post  Illusive Man Sat Jun 23, 2012 5:28 pm

Tao sighs wistfully as her stomach growls.

Cocking her head to the side Tao attempts to explain her predicament to the strangers plus fluffy fox. "Tao was taking a nap waiting for good guy to return, when I woke up I was in an alley nya~."

She then pats her fist against her palm as a light-bulb clicks on!"Oh and a nice boobie lady brought me an invitation to the BEST PARTY EVER nya~!"
    Phiss
    Phiss

Post  Phiss Sat Jun 23, 2012 5:39 pm

Phiss rose his free, three fingered hand up with a slight bit of indignation. He's trying to be polite, it's just that he's really bad at it. "Okay, okay. Let me set you straight on three things. One, I don't exactly have a shield anymore. That got left behind to shed weight. Two, I'm not a strong knight. That was Duke. I just make things. Three, I'm not exactly a Spiral Knight anymore. I'm retired. I had enough people die on me for one life. Got that?" A party that has the fate of the worlds resting on it. Heh. Whatever. It's not like...

Phiss rolled the little figurine in his left satchel absentmindedly. "Do you have any reason to worry about this? I see a bunch of people around the way that seem to be new here. Maybe it's just a welcome party." Although, who would know about him that intimately?
    Hiro Protaganist
    Hiro Protaganist
    Admin

Post  Hiro Protaganist Sat Jun 23, 2012 6:04 pm

Carke will open his sight to the spiral knights hand. (( Psyniscience )) ((Target 48)) ((Rolled 64, 2 failures!)) "I am sorry if I have been a bit forward. I did not mean to imply that you had to come on this adventure. And perhaps you are right this may just be a simple party. But the items sent with the invitations show an almost eery amount of insight and knowledge of the person receiving it. This hints at a very powerful entity. And such entity's in my experience rarely have such simple agendas. Since you are a friend of duke's however I will offer you a place to stay till such time you wish to go someplace else. And I will have your pod moved to Disney Castle if you wish. If not I will see you get a docking spot."
    Phiss
    Phiss

Post  Phiss Sun Jun 24, 2012 1:41 am

Phiss looks at the smoking crater that was his previous abode for the last for months. "You know, that's probably a good thing. I guess I wouldn't mind having a place to live for a little while." He is vaguely aware that he's being rude right now. "Oh. Um. I'm Phiss. Now, what's this about a very powerful entity?" The itch on the back of his neck flared up. He didn't like it when it flared up. It meant bad things were going to happen.
    LordShoes
    LordShoes

Post  LordShoes Sun Jun 24, 2012 2:13 am

"Ignoring the airhead for a moment, it seems you recognize this. I propose that we stick together for now. Safety in numbers and all that sweet jazz."
    At that moment, Ono's fingers would twitch along to the soundless notes of a jazz riff as he continued.
    "I'm Ono Oochi, DJ, musician, and defender of justice. What are your names?"
    He offered his hand openly to Leon, and crossed over it, his other hand to Dante. Taokaka earned a curt nod and traditional Japanese sensibilities about feminine beauty thought very hard at her, but with nothing actually said towards her.
    Zeezy
    Zeezy

Post  Zeezy Sun Jun 24, 2012 2:37 am

Surprise is seen soundly snoozing atop a large-ish cloud in the sky, with about as much to care for as a sleeping pegasus would have. Her white coat would camouflage her almost perfectly, if not for her yellow mane and tail nicely contrasting against it. She is rudely awakened, however, by a bag appearing above her and landing -- considering the contents, not terribly softly -- on her head. She rubs her head with a hoof briefly, and swiftly catches the bag in her mouth as she brushes it off.

"Huh?" She mumbles with a mouthful of bag. She stretches, flexing her wings a bit, before setting it down gently on the cloud and ultimately opening it, eagerly and full of curiosity. "Ooh, a surprise gift! I wonder who it's from?"

Inside, she finds a letter -- an invitation! To a party! And it's soon! About a week from now, even. "Woooow! I wish I knew who sent this invitation, so I'd know who to thank! Galactic Standard Time? I've never heard of anypony using a time like that. Or a name like 'H.R.M.'! What could it mean? 'Hoofer Reginald Mareington'? 'Harry Riding McDonald'? Oh well! I'll ask around and see who this pony is." She tosses the invitation back in and continues rummaging through the bag. "Later, though. There's more stuff here!"

She finds the necklace. She looks at it, front and back, and notices those initials again -- 'H.R.M.' "Ooh, shiny. Bit too shiny and heavy to be wearing around everywhere, though. I might put it on before the party starts." She tosses it back in the bag and moves on to the next item.

She then produces from the bag a strange coin. She sets it on the cloud and looks at it for a bit -- it's not the local currency, that's for sure, but there are a lot more like it in the bag. She drops it back in the bag and gazes at the pile for a bit. "Ooooh, this must be that 'munny' the invitation talked about. Silly way to spell it, though," she giggles as she says. "Just call it M-O-N-E-Y. I mean, really."

Just before she sets the bag aside, she notices a small bit of cardboard at the edge, almost buried by all the munny. She nudges a few coins aside, picks it up, and sets it on the cloud. Balloons! About a hundred of them, by her count. "Oh, goodie! I've been running low on balloons. I could use a few more." She drops the small plastic bag of balloons back in the bag.

Her curiosity sated, she grabs the bag, and sets it aside. She contemplates bringing her invitation with her, and decides to do so -- what if it activates early? Unicorn magic was always so weird, and it's gotta be some powerful stuff to suddenly woosh you over to the party at the right time. Oh well. Gotta find out who this H.R.M. is!

(Testing Logic: 99 vs. 10, 9 degrees of failure. It never occurs to her that whoever sent this invitation would need some method of flight -- ignoring, for now, the fact that no pony gave her that invitation. Indeed, she'd probably end up going to the ground first to ask if not for all the pegasuses around.)
    Hiro Protaganist
    Hiro Protaganist
    Admin

Post  Hiro Protaganist Sun Jun 24, 2012 8:39 am

Carke will shake Phiss hand "And I am Carke as I have said". He stands up and settles his robe back into place "You said something about other new people? If you do not mind on our way to the portal area I would like to stop and greet them and see if they too have been invited to this party." If Phiss does not object Carke heads off in the direction of the other new people in town.
    Lox
    Lox

Post  Lox Sun Jun 24, 2012 11:40 am

Leon and Dante briefly shared a look... but both took the offered hands, shaking. "You seem to have your head on straight, at least. Mostly." He spares a glance at Tao, giving a nod. "Since we're dropping the full epithets here. Lieutenant Leonard Devin Black. DATS America, West Coast Branch. Special Operations, Retrieval Unit One. But since that's a mouthful, I'll go by Leon." He grabs the Digivice on his belt (the real one), stowing the other. He'd deal with it later.

Dante released the man's hand, crossing his arms. "I'm just Dante. Also, this isn't a coincidence. I doubt everyone got these invitations. Maybe we should search for people who actually know what's going on..."

Leon nodded. "That's not a terrible idea. Speaking of which. Ono, have you seen or heard of something called a Keyblade? I have no idea what it is, but I need to find one...

Last edited by Lox on Sat Jul 21, 2012 8:33 am; edited 1 time in total
    Hiro Protaganist
    Hiro Protaganist
    Admin

Post  Hiro Protaganist Sun Jun 24, 2012 12:40 pm

(( OOC that is just far too good of a point for Carke and Phiss to show up. ))

Someone looking for a Keyblade? This is starting to become all too much like the last time. "I am sorry for intruding but I can not help but overhear that you are looking for a Keyblade. I must ask however if you are looking for a Keyblade or a Keyblader, one who can wield the Keyblades?" Carke asks as he casts his gaze over the group ((Psyniscience)) ((Target number 48)) ((Rolled 75, 3 Failures!)) ((OOC Man, I am having some bum luck with these psyniscience tests))
    LordShoes
    LordShoes

Post  LordShoes Sun Jun 24, 2012 12:54 pm

Ono carefully adjusts his sunglasses and jacket before moving his little tablet PC to a clip holder for easy access just in case.

"Never heard of such a silly thing personally. Are the teeth edged, or is the end sharp?"

Ono chuckled for a moment, then composed himself.

"So who are you, stranger? You seem to know a lot. Did you get a necklace too?"
    Hiro Protaganist
    Hiro Protaganist
    Admin

Post  Hiro Protaganist Sun Jun 24, 2012 1:10 pm

"I am Carke, Adviser to King Benny, and Prophet of the Dancing Flame. A Keyblade is perhaps the most powerful weapon that can be wielded by mortal hands. It has the power to truly slay heartless, protect worlds from the darkness, and at times can open the way to kingdom hearts itself. Here, have a pamphlet that explains a little more fully." Carke hands the man a kingdom printed pamphlet entitled "Keyblades, Important facts and safety tips."

"It is funny that you should mention a necklace. I presume you are referring to the gold medallion on an adamantium chain with the letters 'H.R.M' on the back? If so I have received such a necklace this morning. Along with an item of great power and an invitation to a party."
    Lox
    Lox

Post  Lox Sun Jun 24, 2012 2:07 pm

Leon just... stares. "You're joking, right? What the hell is all this? We come halfway across the multiverse, looking for one very specific thing, and within five minutes of coming here, we run into a person who just so happens to have a fucking information pamphlet on it. Right after meeting a person who's received the same exact package I have." He takes a step back, fixing all three strangers with a glare. "Where I come from, coincidences like this? Do not happen. I want answers, and I want them now."
    LordShoes
    LordShoes

Post  LordShoes Sun Jun 24, 2012 2:22 pm

Ono takes a moment to read the through the pamphlet while Leon goes off, humming thoughtfully to himself. When the rant neared it's end, he drew the patch out of his pocket, and interrupted the tamer.

"I doubt our 'party favors' are the same. It really smells like a conspiracy, but if this pamphlet is right, I need one of those Keyblades to save my world. I was thrown into a dimensional rift by a demon, and ended up here. For now, we need to get information, and stay together. We obviously are not enemies, but neither are we friends. Until this party is over, I'm not going to let us part ways."

The DJ crosses his arms, staring at the group intensely, a hint of desperation in his eyes.
    Hiro Protaganist
    Hiro Protaganist
    Admin

Post  Hiro Protaganist Sun Jun 24, 2012 2:41 pm

"It is simple, fate has brought us together. I am sure of now that this party is going to be the start of an adventure that the very fate of the multiverse will rest upon its outcome. But as an answer to you, you have come to Traverse Town. This out of all the places in the multiverse is the closest thing the Keybladers have to calling a home world. I would like it if you all were to come with me to Disney Castle. There I can introduce you to King Benny. If you all would not object I would also like to inspect your, for lack of a better term, 'party favors' in close detail. My own 'favor' had dark and terrible powers associated with it and I would like to learn if this is the norm for these items."
    Lox
    Lox

Post  Lox Sun Jun 24, 2012 2:49 pm

(Dante rolling Scrutiny, Target number 45. Rolled a 2. 5 degrees of success.)

"Disney Cast- are you fucking high?!" His right hand reaches into his coat, his left straying to the Digivice at his waist. "Either you're a drug addict, or this is the stupidest trap ever. You're a Reaper agent too, I'd bet, following us here! You've got exactly two fucking seconds to-"

"Leon." Throughout this paranoid rant, Dante had not moved. "He's telling the truth."

"I... what."
    Phiss
    Phiss

Post  Phiss Sun Jun 24, 2012 3:11 pm

Phiss simply looked at the Wizard and the tamer oddly. What is it about Disney Castle that causes hostility? "Erm. Okay, I don't know what your big issues are, but first off you-" He points to Leon with his sword. "You sit your five crown *ZZT* down before I make some change. We aren't gonna figure this *ZZZT* out by freaking out, do you read me? Also, what the -hell- is that thing?" He says, pointing towards Dante.

He moves his rather intimidatingly sized sword over to Carke. "You. If you have more of those pamphlets, please hand them out. I'm sure we're all very confused here. Also:" He pulls out a little jade pawn. "How the hell is -this- going to start throwing curses around?"

Then he points the sizzling sword over towards the seemingly regular human. A large glowing eye lowered an eyelid. "You're cool. You, uh. Keep doing what you're doing." He wasn't too terribly good with social interaction. Why couldn't he just be making swords like the old days? Then again, he hated the old days.
    Hiro Protaganist
    Hiro Protaganist
    Admin

Post  Hiro Protaganist Sun Jun 24, 2012 3:19 pm

"I think that things are starting to get out of hand. You will all come with me to the Castle now and we will sort this situation out." Carke says in a firm voice that is used to command. "Since there are quite a few of us we will take the train. The station is just this way." Carke turns and leads the group the train station. He waves them through the ticket stalls and calmly takes his seat.
    Lox
    Lox

Post  Lox Sun Jun 24, 2012 3:21 pm

Leon affords Dante a calculating look. "How the hell can you be sure that he's not lying?"

Dante shrugs. "Whether you notice or not, humans wave around a big red flag whenever they try to lie. You start to sweat and your heart rate increases. His doesn't."

"... I'm really hoping this is just a crack dream. But if you can't detect any lies... I'll defer to your judgement." With reluctance, he removes his hand from his gun, though his other hand remains on the far more dangerous item clipped innocuously to his belt.

The two follow Carke, if suspiciously. "I'll go along with this, for now. So, what can you tell me about the Keyblade? Because I really, really need one."

Dante just sighs, taking his seat. "To answer your previous question, I am a Digimon. You don't know what that is, so just apply the word 'alien' if it suits you."

Last edited by Lox on Sun Jun 24, 2012 3:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
    LordShoes
    LordShoes

Post  LordShoes Sun Jun 24, 2012 3:23 pm

Ono simply follows, dragging Taokaka along by the back of the hoodie.
    Phiss
    Phiss

Post  Phiss Sun Jun 24, 2012 3:37 pm

Phiss is briefly curious to just what the heck Taokaka descended from. The feet and legs suggest simian origins, but the ears suggested feline. Weird. Humans. They're called humans, okay. But not that weird Wolver looking thing.

"So. We're taking a train ride to go see a castle. Who's the resident of it?"
    Hiro Protaganist
    Hiro Protaganist
    Admin

Post  Hiro Protaganist Sun Jun 24, 2012 3:44 pm

*SPACE TRAIN RIDE ALA KH2*

"It is the seat of government for the Kingdom of Light. Currently King Benny reigns." Carke will calmly hand out info pamphlets on the Kingdom of Light, Keyblades, Heartless, and Nobodies (Nobodies are not No Body). Outside the windows Traverse Town recedes in the distance and then stars can be seen. Then the stars turn into streaks as the train picks up speed.
    LordShoes
    LordShoes

Post  LordShoes Sun Jun 24, 2012 4:21 pm

Ono just calmly reads the pamphlets, learning about what he has accidentally gotten himself into.
    ((Now would be a great time for Mat to actually lay down all this information.))

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 9:51 pm