Assholes Inc: The Forum!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Assholes Inc: The Forum!

+5
Illusive Man
Hiro Protaganist
Phiss
Lox
Mathadar
9 posters

Roleplay Thread (Non-Combat related thread)

LordShoes
    LordShoes

Roleplay Thread (Non-Combat related thread) - Page 11 Empty Re: Roleplay Thread (Non-Combat related thread)

Post  LordShoes Sat Jul 07, 2012 2:37 am

Ono suddenly dropped to his knees, holding his head as images flashed through his head. A woman with pink hair. Scooter. Guitar. A red burning man. Puppets. A man with black hair, and the legs of a spider. It was overwhelming, and a symbol burned behind his eyes and permeated his very being.

Spoiler:

"F-fuck... that... that was... Fuck..."

Ono stayed down, covering his eyes with his hands as he went over the insanity that was now in his head, and the music that was burned into his very soul.
    Illusive Man
    Illusive Man

Roleplay Thread (Non-Combat related thread) - Page 11 Empty Re: Roleplay Thread (Non-Combat related thread)

Post  Illusive Man Sat Jul 07, 2012 12:40 pm

Taokaka stops trying to look for the new checkerboard she made and enters the room.

From what she's gathered thus far Tao has finally come to the same conclusion that the rest of the party had awhile back, that the party is being thrown by someone's R͋҉̱̫̻̹̤̭̖e̴̲̗͔̜͍ͨ͌̎̊̚d͈͈̳̳̦̹͌͟ ͓͍̔̚͠D̮͊͢a̹͉̩͂̉̍̿̉͗ḏ̻͖̾͊̌̑͘ͅdỵ̺͚̻͈͠ and he's a really, really, really bad daddy who likes to do bad things like invite people to his house to trap them and stuff.

Looking up at Yen Sid with her bright red eyes, Tao cocks her head a sure sign that she fails to grasp his importance. "Oooooo~ elder person, can Tao have your hat nya~?"

She then turns to the card opening her mouth and quickly closing it more interested in Yen Sid's hat than owing favors to some guy who likes to be called Ram Blah Blah, King Fishy and Stan.Turning back to Yen Sid Tao takes the Arakune figurine out of her overcoat "Oh could you tell Tao what this does? Pllleeeeaaaasssseeee nya~"
    Mathadar
    Mathadar

Post  Mathadar Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:21 pm

My hat? Sorry but I am the only one allowed to wear this hat after my apprentice took it and caused mischief. As for the figure.. that appears to be an odd figurine. As to what it does... it can alter your personality in a way you might not like, or fill small areas with Lava, which is quite dangerous. I recommend against using it, at least if you do, do not do it in my presence, nor in my tower.
    Phiss
    Phiss

Post  Phiss Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:46 pm

Phiss simply looked at his little pawn with a feeling of abject horror. It's a pawn. How the hell does this thing do all that horrifying th-

He remembered looking at the terminal leading down into the Owlite Castle on a mission. He remembered looking at the screen, a little jade pawn. He remembers trying to save everyone, illuminating the darkness in fear of the beast beneath the floorboards. He remembered two good knights being eaten alive and sucked into oblivion by that face. That horrible, monstrous, growling face that couldnt, wouldn't die.

Phiss hated cats.

He snapped out of it after just sitting there for a little while with wider eyes than normal. The little pawn shifted out of his hand. The pawn hit the ground with a dull tap.

"No. No. Nonono I'm not going back you can't make me go back I'M NOT GOING BACK TO THE CANDLESTICK KEEP GET THAT THING AWAY FROM ME!" Phiss fell on his rump and scrambled backwards, not taking his eyes off of it. He clutched his gun and pointed it in it's general vicinity. His hands, along with the rest of his body, shook like it was recently electrified. He wasn't going back. He wasn't going back.
    Mathadar
    Mathadar

Post  Mathadar Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:53 pm

Waving his hand... Yen Sid shot forth a burst of blue flame at the Jade Pawn. Immiediately it burst into flames... melting down to a thin paste on the ground.

Normally I would not react in such a way to an artifact... but that was causing a severe reaction in Phiss, Former Spiral Knight. Calm yourself, the object has been taken to a safer place, far out of the prying hands of anyone, except myself. I shall not bring it forth unless you request it, and I doubt you will with that kind of reaction.
    Lox
    Lox

Post  Lox Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:02 pm

Leon looked around in alarm at Phiss... And perhaps for the first time today, his expression is... actually sympathetic. "Hey. Hey Phiss. Nobody's gonna make you go back there. Come on, it's alright..." He extends a hand to the fallen knight, offering to help him up... He knew what that reaction was. He'd seen it dozens of times before. Men who'd been found in corners, screaming for the fighting to stop. Strong soldiers, full of bravado, who'd been sent gibbering to the psych ward at the sight of charred skeletons and the smell of horribly burnt flesh... He shakes his head, clearing it of those thoughts. "See? Not a problem."

Dante looked to Yen Sid, concerned... "If these artifacts are all using such dangerous effects... I'm almost afraid to ask, but what will Leon's do?"
    Zeezy
    Zeezy

Post  Zeezy Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:11 pm

Surprise glances at Leon, then looks upward before taking flight. "Leon's right."

Surprise scrutinizes the tarot card from every angle, fluttering about to get a better view without touching it. "I reeeeally don't suppose there's any way I could ask a question without owing anything. I mean, I don't like knowing I owe somepony something, especially somepony I just met." She lands next to Carke, obviously the most logical person in the room she knows right now, crooking up her head to face his. "Isn't it worrying to know that this Fry-guy could ask for anything? I don't think he's even being fair with the deals he's making. He should at least give us a better idea of what he expects from us. Somepony could get hurt!" She crouches down and cowers, covering her eyes with her forehooves, in an effort to illustrate and dramatize the point.

As Phiss makes his little outburst, she peeks out, then turns to stare at him. Somepony's got to calm him down, and she knows just the pony -- or, she would, had Leon not beaten her to the punch. He did a pretty good job, too. Another sympathetic face couldn't hurt. She smiles wide and zips toward him, offering her own brand of kind words. "Leon's right -- again. It can't hurt you. I think. It can't even move. Just don't use it. Yen Sid took care of it real quick, right? You don't have to go, um, 'there', wherever that is. I'm sure it's a nasty place, but you're here now, not there."
    Phiss
    Phiss

Post  Phiss Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:44 pm

Phiss shivers vacantly for a little while. He was going to lash out on them, say that they couldn't understand but he felt like... He felt it wasn't like him. Wasn't like Duke. Not like Hildold. Lox... Lox wasn't a good role model. Wasn't like anyone else. Right? Right.

The adrenaline was still coursing through his system, his hand still was frozen in a sort of living rigor mortis. He regained enough of his composure to rather stiffly put the plasma pistol down. His chest rose and fell. If one were perceptive, he wouldn't be exhaling air or anything. The sensation of breathing seemed to be an unconscious comfort, if anything. It took him a little while for him to take a hand or a hoof back up, and even then, he didn't look that much better. But he did look better.
    Lox
    Lox

Post  Lox Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:23 am

Leon nodded, pulling Phiss to his feet with some difficulty. "Plenty of time to go crazy later. Also... You are really goddamn heavy for your size."

LordShoes
    LordShoes

Post  LordShoes Sun Jul 08, 2012 1:34 am

Ono continues to shake and recall what happened to his world, intermixed with images of another world. Giant gunslinger robots, baseball bombs, playboy bunnies surfing guitars. Stained glass demons, dying Riders. Blood. Blood everywhere.

"Go away! This is not the time! I can still fix it!"

Ono grits his teeth and growls, standing up slowly.
    Hiro Protaganist
    Hiro Protaganist
    Admin

Post  Hiro Protaganist Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:33 am

Carke picks up the card and stows it away in belt pouch.

"I think that is enough questions for one day. Master Yen Sid, among all of these other happenings there is also an entity known as 'the Holy Titan of Honesty' going about devouring whole worlds around the location of Equestria. In these matters we seek your counsel."
    Mathadar
    Mathadar

Post  Mathadar Sun Jul 08, 2012 4:17 pm

The Holy Titan of Honesty? I have never encountered such a thing in all of my travels and in any of my research. Tell me what you know, perhaps it has left some kind of sign of its passing.
    Zeezy
    Zeezy

Post  Zeezy Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:18 pm

Surprise jumps up. Story time! Whee! She recites to Yen Sid first the story of the Holy Titans of Harmony, embellishing it a little bit more than from when she told it to the group, then the little passage found from analyzing the envelope. She pulls the envelope out from her saddle bag to give to Yen Sid, so he may scrutinize it himself.
    Mathadar
    Mathadar

Post  Mathadar Tue Jul 10, 2012 5:08 am

After having stared intensely at the items he walked over to his desk and sat down in his chair. His fingers drumming against each other. He was obviously deep in thought. He then stood, paced back and forth by the window, then turned, and responded.

So... R̭͈̥̪̼̝̪̗̊̚͘a̗͍̣̔̊ͨͬ̄ͩ̑m̹͕͇ͦͯ̈̌ͫ͘ ̵̘͙̫ͫ̏̀ͬ̉̊̂A̢̫̗̮ͪ̄ͧ̃̉̋͛̌͜b̡̝͇̯̭͆͑́̑̌ͦ͐ͯͅb̘̗͕͍̓ͦͦ̓ͦ̊̚ͅa͕̳͕̹͔̞ͦͯ͋l͊̍ͮ̀҉̱̫̯ȃ͎͓̰̻̠̲̦̗̒̒̇͑͛̅ȟ̲͙̳ͥͬͩͫ͊͆̃̐͞ is the one who led the Titan on its feeding spree. So the Crimson King is responsible for all these problems. If he wishes to destroy the tower, and we must prevent its destruction or guard it. We need to find out where the Dark Tower is, and more importantly, what its significance is. E11 Industries, though destroyed has apparently come back, though we do not actually know where it is, its agents can be found on many worlds. Perhaps there are some even in this very room. Best guard yourselves, for it seems our foe prepares to strike and we do not know yet how to defend against their knife.

They seek to "destroy the pillars" which might be a reference to supporting pillars, like any major building has. Perhaps these pillars if destroyed will destroy the Dark Tower. So many questions and guesses, so little hard facts.

Since I know that E11 Industries has been seeking pillars, perhaps finding an Agent of E11 Industries and capturing him for interrogation is in order. That should not be hard as there are many found throughout the galaxy, rumors of their passing are on every world. Once you feel up to it, find an E11 Industries Operative and either bring him before me, or interrogate him yourself. We must know what they know, or we don't have a chance to stop them.

Likewise, it would be prudent to arm yourselves, as many of the E11 Industries Operatives have presents given from this H.R.M. and have been abusing their powers.

Lastly, that entity that spoke to you Carke, made out of lights. I will research that specific constellation and see if I can figure out what or whom spoke to you, as that mystifies me. Good Luck to you All! Keep your hearts in the light, and you shall not fear the Dark.
    LordShoes
    LordShoes

Post  LordShoes Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:29 am

Ono slams a fist into his open palm, and gives a stiff bow to Yen Sid, still sweating visibly from his ordeal.

"Thank you, Yen Sid. We appreciate the help."

The traumatized Rider would walk out the door and lean against the door frame, breathing slowly and deeply as he examined his new knowledge.
    Lox
    Lox

Post  Lox Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:02 am

Leon takes a look at Ono. "Things like this make me think that... I really don't want to ask anything from this Oracle. Is everybody going to be okay? Because we should probably get going... We'd need a ship to get places, right? I mean, that train doesn't go everywhere..."

(So, if Ono gets a Keyblade, but his primary weapon is a guitar, would that make his weapon a Keytar?)
    Hiro Protaganist
    Hiro Protaganist
    Admin

Post  Hiro Protaganist Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:56 am

Carke bows again to Yen Sid. "Thank you Master Yen Sid. We will send word when we capture one of these agents. May your flame burn brighter."

With that he will step outside with Ono and Leon. "That was a fairly typical meeting with an oracle of that caliber. Everyone should be feeling better by the time we get back to Disney Castle. There we can properly equip everyone for the dangers that we will be facing. As for a ship we will be taking my Gummi-ship the Phoenix."
    Zeezy
    Zeezy

Post  Zeezy Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:17 pm

"Sounds fun!" Surprise jumps, flaps her wings a couple of times, and trots out of the room. "Looks like the party's going to be a good time after all. Just gotta --"

Just before reaching the door, she faces -- seemingly to no one -- and spouts off some kind of non-sequitur.

"Keytar? Don't be silly!" She turns back around to the door, joining the others already beyond the threshold.
    LordShoes
    LordShoes

Post  LordShoes Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:36 pm

"Well, no sense in not moving on then. Even if my head feels like a vinyl fresh off of the mixing table."

Ono leads the way down and out, all the way to the train.
    Phiss
    Phiss

Post  Phiss Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:48 pm

Phiss tries to shake off the adrenaline. They're right, Phiss. You're retired, Phiss. Nothing is trying to directly kill you, Phiss. Those times are gone, Phiss. Get on with your life. He jumped a little on his hooves, trying to get back into reality. He murmured a quiet "Thanks" to the people around him for the whole "stopping him from potentially doing something catastrophically bad" thing. He figured anything that could hold enough energy to put him back in... That place, on top of the other things, would probably have a rather violent reaction to being blown up.

He dully quipped that was kind of the point, but it was filled with the kind of guilty knowledge of a person that knew his law of the Conservation of Energy and nearly blew up a horribly magical pawn with his name on it.

So he didn't have much to say as he left the room with the others. Questions, sure. Like who was that horse talking to? And what was the idiot's major malfunction? And why can't he shake the feeling he's going to get pulled into something infinitely worse than Cradle?
    Lox
    Lox

Post  Lox Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:59 pm

Leon nodded, following the rest back down the tower, Dante in tow. "Gear is probably a good thing. It'd be nice to figure out how Benny does that with his armor. Also, good. Does the Phoenix already have a pilot, Carke?"
    Illusive Man
    Illusive Man

Post  Illusive Man Thu Jul 12, 2012 1:59 pm

Saying her good byes to Yin Sid Tao follows the others back down the wizard's tower her normally carefree mind plagued with......questions of her own. Why is the R̃̈̏è̟̅d ̷̹̬̈́̅ͧͯD̛̳ͯ̋̍á̘͍͓̐̓͂̆̒̇̀ḋ͙̹͑ͤͮd̬ͬy̯̦̘ͧ̅͒͛ͮ̋͞ such a mean person didn't he get enough hugs from his daddy nya~? And what is up with this titan of honesty, honest things are supposed to be good right?!

Then there was the little guy with big problems that Tao didn't understand,what kinds things could do that to a little person like him and that Oh no guy seems to have the same problem...
    Phiss
    Phiss

Post  Phiss Sat Jul 14, 2012 5:53 pm

Upon having them all on board, Benny takes them back rather enthusiastically.
    Neravin
    Neravin

Post  Neravin Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:20 pm

Though Sketch had kind of spaced through the last half of the conversation with Yen Sid and the Oracle, he still managed get the general idea.

"So, dudes, after we gear up, we got any idea where to start looking for one of the agent--"
    He stops for a moment, on the verge of using yet another bit of slang that was so familiar to him. Since it seemed no one was really all that used to it, he decided to use more simple language.
    "--dudes?"
    Zeezy
    Zeezy

Post  Zeezy Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:04 pm

Surprise rushes into the train, zooming around, tossing up... Party decorations. She's obviously enjoying herself, keeping busy while the rest of the group prepares to board. As she works, she overhears Sketch's question, and decides to take a quick time-out. She flies on out briefly, offering her two bits.

"We could go back to my world. That seems to be where everything bad is coming together. I know somepony there you all really should meet!"

She zooms back in the train to do some last-minute touch-ups.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 7:51 pm